“The day was also a huge confidence boost for me … real and bizarre revelations!” (Neil, 42)
I work as a performance coach and workshop facilitator in the UK and internationally. At the heart of all my teaching (and performance) is a belief in the importance of communicating and sharing our narratives. Whether through interactive & forum theatre, drama, improvisation and/or comedy, I seek ways to bring those stories to life, tapping into the authenticity and creativity that reveals our most brilliant, surprising selves.
The organisations I currently collaborate with include –
Theatre for a Change – www.tfacafrica.com
The Mono Box - http://www.themonobox.co.uk
Clowns Without Borders – www.clownswithoutborders.org.uk
Nimble Fish - http://nimble-fish.co.uk
The Actors Centre - http://actorscentre.co.uk
St Paul's Girls School
Recent projects include:
- training 20 participants from VSO in Rwanda in Theatre for a Change’s interactive theatre methodology
- An INSET workshop with Nimble Fish for teachers in the benefits of improvisation and comedy in school contexts
- An audition workshop for the National Youth Theatre, hosted by the Mono Box.
- A Theatre for a Change workshop for teachers, addressing discrimination in the classroom, hosted by Amnesty International
- CHARACTER COMEDY, a one-day workshop at The Mono Box; Sunday 4th March 10am - 5pm
- FROM ACCIDENT TO INSPIRATION, a short course in devising theatre at The Mono Box; Tuesdays 13th, 20th & 27th March 6.30-9.30pm
“It was the most fun I've had in a workshop in a long time.” (Jamel, 33)
My coaching involves preparation for LAMDA examinations, auditions for drama schools and professional castings.
Curated workshops include –
THE PLEASURE TO MAKE BELIEVE; a workshop in spontaneity and playfulness.
FROM ACCIDENT TO INSPIRATION; a workshop in devising theatre
TRIPPING ON THE TONGUE; turning Shakespeare upside down
I have a diploma in Therapeutic Skills from the Society of Analytical Psychology. And I have OCN qualifications from Theatre for a Change's Facilitator course in Behaviour Change, Interactive and Legislative Theatre.
Please contact me for further information about tailored coaching and workshops or follow the links above.
“Brilliant ideas, creativity and spontaneity - and so much fun!” (Elena, 32)