“The day was also a huge confidence boost for me … real and bizarre revelations!” (Neil)
I work as a performance coach and workshop facilitator in the UK and internationally.
Regular workshops include –
COMEDY AND IMPROVISATION "GYM"
THE PLEASURE TO MAKE BELIEVE; a workshop in presence and playfulness
FROM ACCIDENT TO INSPIRATION; a workshop in devising theatre
TAKING THE SPACE - a movement workshop for the epic stage
TRIPPING ON THE TONGUE; a workshop in shaking up and owning text
“You have a special skill to tease character and comedy out of people and help make us shine. You very expertly lead us to discover and execute creative ideas with your nurturing manner.” (Scott)
The organisations I currently collaborate with include –
The Mono Box - www.themonobox.co.uk
Theatre for a Change - www.tfacafrica.com
Clowns Without Borders – www.clownswithoutborders.org.uk
Nimble Fish - http://nimble-fish.co.uk
The Actors Centre - http://actorscentre.co.uk
St Paul's Girls School
“Life changing. I felt so free and so happy in a way I haven’t felt for a long time” (anon)
Recent projects include:
- Comedy and Improvisation Summer Gym at The Mono Box
- Clowns Without Borders Psychosocial Play Training for facilitators working in Child Friendly Spaces in the Rohingya Camps in Bangladesh.
- training 20 participants from VSO in Rwanda in Theatre for a Change’s interactive theatre methodology
- An INSET workshop with Nimble Fish for teachers in the benefits of improvisation and comedy in school contexts
- An audition workshop for the National Youth Theatre, hosted by the Mono Box.
- A Theatre for a Change workshop for teachers, addressing discrimination in the classroom, hosted by Amnesty International
“It was the most fun I've had in a workshop in a long time.” (Jamel, 33)
My coaching involves preparation for LAMDA examinations, auditions for drama schools and professional castings.
I have a diploma in Therapeutic Skills from the Society of Analytical Psychology and OCN/Theatre for a Change qualifications in facilitatiting their Behaviour Change, Interactive and Legislative Theatre methodologies.
Please contact me for further information about tailored coaching and workshops.
“Brilliant ideas, creativity and spontaneity - and so much fun!” (Elena, 32)